As a small business owner, you are more than aware of how challenging it can be to ensure your company’s financial success. You have already put in the work to secure a quality product or service for your consumers, your customer service skills are exceptional, but what about marketing? You know that making a name for yourself in your chosen industry is vital, but you are a little wary of how to do it.
Word of mouth from happy returning customers can only take you so far in our tech-driven culture, which is why 29% of all small business started a website in 2020. For real success in marketing, investing in an SEO, PPC, or social media campaign to kickstart your digital marketing is necessary. A properly executed campaign can pay off dramatically, but you will need a professional’s help to see your investment returned.
Once you have chosen to invest in an digital marketing campaign, you are already on your way to growth for your business, but what digital marketing agency should you choose? Not all digital marketing agencies are created equal, and the one you choose should support your business and your future goals.
What is the Difference Between a Small Digital Marketing Agency and a Larger Firm?
When you first begin your search for a digital marketing agency, a simple Google search will instantly bring up the giant firms who have spent years working their way up the search engine ranks. These companies will make all sorts of promises but neglect to tell you that you may be more suited somewhere else if you’re a small business.
Smaller digital marketing agencies, such as Outside The Box, are often a better choice for small business owners looking for online marketing success. Hiring a small marketing agency may seem risky initially, but having a little faith can make a lot of difference. Unlike their giant competitors, small agencies have more affordable costs for businesses that don’t have a $10,000+ month advertising budget.
A small digital marketing agency can be anything from a single individual up to a 5 to 10-person team, and they may or may not have an office. It is common for small business owners to become weary of small agencies when they don’t have the shiny bells and whistles that the big corporations do. However, that also is a sign that they have lower overhead costs and can give your company a more affordable contract.
Why is a Small Marketing Agency Better for my Small Business?
Small digital marketing agencies have smaller teams, less overhead costs, and have more freedom to give small business owners control of their marketing plans. This can make all the difference if your business’ monthly marketing budget is on the modest side. Small marketing agencies also have fewer clients and can often be more hands-on with your ideal marketing strategy.
A few additional reasons to choose a small agency are:
- When you work with a small marketing agency, you will directly contact your marketing professional and not be bounced from representative to representative. You always know that you will be on the same page with your digital marketer because there will be an open line of communication.
- Even if your marketing budget does not exceed thousands of dollars per month, you can still be assured that your needs will be met, and your voice will be heard. Your business will be a higher priority with a small agency because you will not be pushed to the side for clients with more money.
- Along with their affordable prices, a smaller agency will also work with you on a more negotiable contract and let you have more control over your marketing strategies.
- When you work with a small agency, their employees are more likely to have abundant experience to impart to you, unlike the underpaid intern you would likely be given at a large marketing firm.
- As a small business owner, it will be easier for you to work with a smaller agency and hold them accountable for your SEO investment return.
A small digital marketing agency, such as Outside The Box, can help small businesses achieve their marketing goals while staying within their budget. As the team learns your optimal marketing goals, you will learn strategies and make smart negotiations. You also cannot put a price on the fact that your small marketing agency is just a phone call or email away, and will always be ready to take your call or respond to your message right away.
How do I Learn More?
To learn more about investing in digital marketing, contact the experts at Outside The Box Design, at 1-860-375-0297. Our team will be happy to answer any questions you have.