Internet marketing is the wave of the 21st century. However, it is much more than just posting a website and having a social media page. Internet marketing requires numerous forms of content.
Content is anything that is posted online to help engage people. It includes blogs, videos, email campaigns, photos, and social media posts. Content marketing uses these forms of media to create involvement with the community and drive potential customers to your website. The more engaging the content is, the more likely it will turn some of those visitors into new customers.
The goal is to create engaging content that is both informative and interesting. No matter how intelligent your client base may be, you need to create easy to read content that people can quickly review. Effective content includes a call to action which entices people to move on to the next phase of the interaction.
Read on to learn more about content marketing and how it can help you grow your business.
What is the Purpose of Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a large part of developing your online brand. As a business, you must market yourself to as many potential clients as possible. In today’s world, many of those clients are online. As a matter of fact, 63% of shopping trips begin online.
The purpose of content marketing is to reach these 63% of shoppers. However, you don’t just want to sell them on our product. Many people do not want to just receive sales information. Instead, you must inform them and let them know why your business will be the best answer to their problem.
In other words, the purpose of content marketing is to engage people with your business. You want to provide quality information that helps them make a buying decision. The more information you provide, the more potential clients will trust you and your brand.
Furthermore, content marketing also includes reviews. Therefore, you need to provide access for clients to leave reviews and showcase why you offer the best answers for any potential customer’s problem.
What are the Different Forms of Content Marketing?
Many people think content marketing is just a blog and a website. However, content marketing is much more than the written word.
Content marketing is both written and visual. It is posted on your business website and third-party websites. Below are the forms of content marketing that can help your company grow:
- Web Pages: Each web page can contribute to your online presence. The information on your web pages must be informative to rank well within Google and other search engines. Web pages are the first line of content marketing and without effective web pages, other content will be less effective.
- Blog: Your website needs to be updated often to continue to rank well with various search engines. One of the easiest ways to update your website without providing unnecessary content is through a blog. Many websites now contain a blog section, which allows you to connect with your readers on a different level.
- Videos: People spend an average of 100 minutes a day watching online videos. This shows that video is one of the most effective forms of content marketing available. Posting videos on your website, social media accounts, and YouTube helps you reach potential customers that may have otherwise ignored your business.
- Images: People are visual beings, so compelling visuals will catch new customers’ eyes. Therefore, images are also another useful content marketing tool. Make sure photos are branded with your company’s logo and link back to your website.
- Social Media Posts: Most people are connected on at least one form of social media. They may also be on several forms, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Google, and more. Social media posts are a good form of content marketing that allow you to reach your client base where they are.
- Email Marketing: Another way to reach your clients where they are is through email marketing. You can share blog posts, interesting facts, and sales through your email campaign.
- Customer Reviews: Customer reviews are a great way to showcase your business. However, many customers need some assistance to leave a positive review. You can provide them with the links to your Facebook page and Google business page to request a review. Many potential clients will read reviews before making any decisions.
Outside the Box specializes in helping you grow your online business presence. We can help you implement your new content marketing strategy using these forms and more.
How do I Learn More?
To learn more about content marketing, contact the experts at Outside the Box at 1-860-375-0297. Our professionals will be happy to answer any questions you have.